A. CONTRACTUAL AND GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR GROUPS
- Advance reservation is essential for all groups of 15 or more people. The start time for activities will be determined in agreement with the group leader and must be respected by the group. The group rate applies as of 15 paying visitors.
- The mine can be visited by any able-bodied person of at least 1 meter in height. Special arrangements can be made for people with reduced mobility (see point D).
- Service dogs are allowed, except for the mine visit.
II. The reservation
- By booking one of our services or attractions, the client agrees with these contractual conditions.
- The client can cancel any reservation provided that this cancellation is made in writing and that it reaches Blegny-mine ASBL at least 10 days before the scheduled date of the activity. Otherwise, the cancellation request will not be considered valid, and the agreed price will be due in full. The number of visits booked can be changed up to 48 hours in advance. After this period, the number of visits charged may not be less than 90% of the reservation, and may not fall below the minimum required to be considered as a group.
III. Fulfilment of the contract
- Blegny-mine ASBL shall make every effort to provide the client with the service ordered. Blegny-Mine ASBL cannot however be held responsible if the fulfilment of the contract is disrupted by force majeure, or by the act of a third party, or of the client, or of someone from the client’s group.
- A reduction in the agreed price due to equipment failure will only be considered if the breakdown causes a delay of at least one hour. Even for a delay of more than one hour, any reduction in price will only be granted if the customer's day has truly been disrupted. Thus, no compensation would be due if several activities have been planned, and it has been possible to re-arrange their order so as to provide everything reserved.
- All visits shall be paid immediately at the time of the visit, unless it has been otherwise agreed and this exception is indicated on the reservation slip. Payment shall be made for the entire group by a person responsible for the group, in cash, or by Bancontact/Mistercash, Maestro, Visa or Mastercard. If an invoice is issued, it is payable within 30 days, at our offices, or to one of our bank accounts. If any invoice is not paid on the due date, a fixed and irreducible indemnity equal to 18% of the amount due with a minimum of 25 €, will be added to the amount due. In addition, interest at the rate of 5% will be added from the due date, until full payment is received (every month started shall be due). No formal notice is required to begin assessing this interest.
- Any complaint must be made immediately to the reception service; if this is impossible, the complaint must be made by registered letter within eight days of receipt of the invoice.
- The courts of Liège have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute in which Blegny-Mine asbl is involved, either as plaintiff or as defendant. Should a dispute fall under cantonal jurisdiction, the 1st canton of Liège shall have jurisdiction.
B. FREE ENTRY
- ORGANIZED GROUPS: the group leader is entitled to free admission; children under 6 are entitled to free admission only if accompanied by a member of their family.
- DRIVERS: drivers are entitled to free admission plus a meal (the ‘daily special’ or a meal identical to that ordered by the group).
- SCHOOLS: teachers are entitled to free admission, with a maximum of one free entry per 20 paying pupils. Additional teachers pay the “student” rate.
C. GENERAL CONDITIONS "FOOD SERVICE"
- Unless there is a special event, our multipurpose room (330 seats) is available to schools for picnics. Reduced prices are available for drinks or picnics reserved before arrival (to be paid at the same time as the visit).
- soft drink 20 cl (in reusable cup): € 1.30 - Pepsi, Pepsi Max, Fanta, Sprite, artisan apple juice, still water, sparkling water
- soft drink can 33 cl: € 2.60 - Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Ice-Tea
- portion of fries + sauce: € 3.20
- portion of fries + sauce + 1 frikadelle: € 4.90
- Menus are available by reservation at least one week in advance and for a minimum of 15 people. A catering receipt will be drawn up for each request and will serve as proof of reservation. In order to enable us to provide good service within a reasonable time frame, we ask the group leader to reserve the same menu for the whole group. The number of meals reserved can be changed no later than 48 hours before the scheduled date. After this period, the number of meals billed may not be less than 90% of the reservation, and 100% if they are cold buffets or if the meals are served on the boat. All of our prices are per person, and include VAT and service.
D. ACCESSIBILITY TO PEOPLE WITH REDUCED MOBILITY
- Persons with reduced mobility may visit the mine by reservation, however, the circuit may be modified.
- Lavatories for people with reduced mobility are located in the brasserie.
- Service dogs are welcome in the buildings and at the attractions, except for the mine visit (particular setting).